Renegade Studios Forum: Need help in understanding English speech - Renegade Studios Forum

Page 1 of 1

Need help in understanding English speech I'm tryng to translate.

#1 User is offline   Bobs Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:30 AM

I am trying to translate STOGAM to Russian and I have some difficulties in understanding what do the characters say. I will be very thankful if any english-speaking man will help me.

First of all, in the beginning (00:03:28) Uhura says:

Capitan's personal log. Stardate 6712.4.
As head of Starfllet Linguistics my recent assignments had been mostly awarding.
So much ____ finding a hard to belive it's been forty years since I was first assigned to the Enterprise under Capitan Kirk's command.

What word(s) is(are) replaced with "___"?

Next, at 00:09:12 Uhura sais:

We encountered him as a 17-years old deeven than he had extraordinary mental powers.

I'm not shure about "deeven" and also about the whole line.

Finally, at 00:11:26 there is a dialog:

Xela: This could be very good for you. Capturing the Fox is shure to impress Secular Prime.
Coval: ___ station, talk as stray-off! Leave the battles to the men.

What should be there instead of "___"? And what about "Secular" and "stray-off"? Did I hear them right?

#2 User is offline   Tom Icon

• Renegade Studios & STOGAM Webmaster
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

View PostBobs, on Jun 30 2009, 05:30 AM, said:

I am trying to translate STOGAM to Russian and I have some difficulties in understanding what do the characters say. I will be very thankful if any english-speaking man will help me.

First of all, in the beginning (00:03:28) Uhura says:

As head of Starfllet Linguistics my recent assignments had been mostly awarding.
So much so, I'm finding a hard to belive it's been forty years since I was first assigned to the Enterprise under Capitan Kirk's command.

What word(s) is(are) replaced with "___"?

Next, at 00:09:12 Uhura sais:

We encountered him as a 17-years old, but even then, he had extraordinary mental powers.

I'm not shure about "deeven" and also about the whole line.

Finally, at 00:11:26 there is a dialog:

Xela: This could be very good for you. Capturing the Fox is sure to impress Curate Prime.
Koval: Man your
station, talk as stray-off! (klingon term for slave, will look up spelling) Leave the battles to the men.

What should be there instead of "___"? And what about "Secular" and "stray-off"? Did I hear them right?

Renegade Studios & STOGAM Webmaster & PR - contact@renegade-studios.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TrekUnited.com - Co-Founder
Galactica.com & GalacticaBBS.com - Creator & Owner

#3 User is offline   Bobs Icon

• Pip

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

Thank you Tom. I've alredy found help there at TrekUnited:
http://www.trekunited.com/community/index....showtopic=18838

I'm going to face much more problems in understanding the movie and there is no way back for me :-) . So your help will be welcomed.

I'll have very accurate English subtitles in output that will be good for other foreingers to understand and translate the movie.

#4 User is offline   jfk2 Icon

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:12 AM

"First of all, in the beginning (00:03:28) Uhura says:

So much so, I'm finding a hard to belive it's been forty years since I was first assigned to the Enterprise under Capitan Kirk's command."
=====================================================
EVERYTHING works EXCEPT FOR ONE TINY WORD "A"

So much so, I'm finding a hard to belive it's been forty years since I was first assigned to
--
NEEDS TO BE CHANGED =
So much so, I'm finding IT hard to belive it's been forty years since I was first assigned to

#5 User is offline   jfk2 Icon

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:20 AM

View Postjfk2, on Aug 18 2009, 03:12 AM, said:

"First of all, in the beginning (00:03:28) Uhura says:

So much so, I'm finding a hard to belive it's been forty years since I was first assigned to the Enterprise under Capitan Kirk's command."
=====================================================
EVERYTHING works EXCEPT FOR ONE TINY WORD "A"

So much so, I'm finding a hard to belive it's been forty years since I was first assigned to
--
NEEDS TO BE CHANGED =
So much so, I'm finding IT hard to belive it's been forty years since I was first assigned to

And what about "Secular" and "stray-off"? Did I hear them right?

Secular = A SECULAR ORDER of the Klingon High Command met in a secret chambers to discuss the STRAY-OFF slaves [stray-off here can mean slaves who stray off from their assigned duties]. IN STAR-TREK CAPTIONS it would be Starfleat gives a captain orders to attend a meeting and the captain hears a HELP ME CRY and goes to investigate. THAT captain has just STRAYED-OFF from the high command orders to investigate something.
IN A SLAVE a STRAY-=OFF is a slave who is allways straying off from assigned duties and could face a severe reprimant if they do not get back on course ASAP.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users