Renegade Studios Forum: download? - Renegade Studios Forum

Page 1 of 1

download?

#1 User is offline   cyrax037 Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

Is there a way to download a Highres version of OGAM? Like a torrent or something?

Or even a way of getting a DVD without purchasing something from the store?
I'd really like to see it, and maybe, if I can get permission, and generate enough interest in the community, there might be a small, slim chance that I could even show it at my local theater, that would be kinda cool I think.

I'm kinda thinking of how the Star Wars fanfilm(keep your phasers on stun guys, please) Reign Of The Fallen, they released the DVD file as a torrent. So you could download that, and burn it, and it was just like having the DVD, along with menus and special features and stuff.

I'd even settle for just the movie right now, cuz I wanna see it so bad, but the streaming thing just really doesn't work well on my slow computer.

#2 User is offline   Tom Icon

• Renegade Studios & STOGAM Webmaster
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

Can't really help you, the producers don't want it for straight download.
Renegade Studios & STOGAM Webmaster & PR - contact@renegade-studios.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TrekUnited.com - Co-Founder
Galactica.com & GalacticaBBS.com - Creator & Owner

#3 User is offline   cyrax037 Icon

• Pip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:22 PM

hmm, that's weird. Whats the reasoning behind it? Usually, when you make a film, you do whatever you can to get people to see it. Its just my opinion, but it looks like they are shooting themselves in the foot with a lack of distribution.

#4 User is offline   Tom Icon

• Renegade Studios & STOGAM Webmaster
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:20 PM

It may change someday, but its there film and thats what tey want to do.
Renegade Studios & STOGAM Webmaster & PR - contact@renegade-studios.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TrekUnited.com - Co-Founder
Galactica.com & GalacticaBBS.com - Creator & Owner

#5 User is offline   cyrax037 Icon

• Pip

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:46 PM

That's true. It just seems, to use a Vulcan term, highly illogical to me.

Well, I hope it does change at some point. Chances are I wont be watching it till it does.
I wouldn't mine hearing their reasoning behind it tho. Why they'd rather not have their audiance watch their movie.

#6 User is offline   jfk2 Icon

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:27 AM

View Postcyrax037, on Jul 10 2009, 05:46 PM, said:

That's true. It just seems, to use a Vulcan term, highly illogical to me.

Well, I hope it does change at some point. Chances are I wont be watching it till it does.
I wouldn't mine hearing their reasoning behind it tho. Why they'd rather not have their audiance watch their movie.

ME = highly illogical to me.... Hmmmm..... Somethinga that seems stupid, seems insane, seems wacked out....
Captain = OK DATA.... Enough.

#7 User is offline   hellotracy Icon

• Pip

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:14 AM

www.gougou.com this web maybe could satisfy u ... if u can read chinese
Why those TV shows r sooo long

#8 User is offline   mikeaburgerjr Icon

• Pip

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

I jUst want to know how to get a copy of the film

#9 User is offline   geino Icon

• PipPip

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

If you are having problems watching on an older/slow computer try switching to Media Player Classic. It tends to play things better than Windows Media Player does. It will also play downloaded flash video files.

#10 User is offline   hrf Icon

• Pip

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:56 PM

I dont begrudge anyone making money but when it is advertised as a free internet movie and then saying a hi res internet download is not available I have to question the integrity of those that are in charge.

I finally did find threads referencing the ability to buy the DVD but when you try to order it, the ordering screen says it is out of stock. I agree with the poster above that this illogical, to claim it is free and then somewhere hidden you can find a way to purchase a DVD.

You may want to avoid the conflict and keep things simple with straight forward advertising that a low quality vid is available and if you want the high quality DVD you can order it. Although, 19.99 is the going rate for a major studio picture I am willing to pay it for the quaility of this product in other ways, the acting and the script. I would love to see this script or a sequel with major funding (and not a Major Studio) Just as it is from you guys and the fans keeping it faithfully Trek.

That is why I stress the conflicting stance of stating it is a free internet movie and then selling a hi res dvd. I would like to see only good press regarding you and the interaction to us fans. I know you can do it. You made a wonderful movie that is far better then the Majors have done in years.

One last thing. If I purchase an item and it says I get a free DVD. Will I get it when your out of stock when purchasing the DVD straight without buying another item?

PS, make the purchase screen of the DVD easy to find.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users